Sunday 5 April 2009

Sydney as a Bathtub


Hey, I found these wonderfully zany films yesterday. The artist, Keith Loutit, uses techniques such as tilt-shift and time-lapse photography to make the world appear as figurines and miniature toys in a giant's playground. Watching them took me straight back to my hometown, Sydney; they capture superbly much of the colours and lifestyle. Louit has selected some great, quirky soundtracks too. Bathtub IV is brought to life by Megan Washington's adorable and affecting song, Clementine - definitely worth a listen to and look at on its own. His most recent short film uses a song by Shawn Lee called Throwing Shadows at the Wall and the video for this song makes me terribly sentimental.* I can't really cope with senior citizens singing the words of someone else's song.

*until the dancefloor part.


Bathtub IV from Keith Loutit on Vimeo.

1 comment:

John Flood said...

Fantastic!I like tilt shift photos and use http://tiltshiftmaker.com/ sometimes.