- What’s your current obsession? I have a few: My thesis, The Apprentice (UK), pilates.
- What’s you favorite color and why? Green and out of habit - at age 6 my twin chose blue so I had to sniff around elsewhere. I think I did well.
- What are you wearing today? Jeans, Converse, dark blue and grey striped top with cross-stitching across the chest, and a fairly new fringe.
- Why is today special? The Eurovision Song Contest's on tonight. Andy Lloyd Webber is behind the UK entry. Can't wait to see whether his efforts succeed in altering the voting patterns, or whether, as ever, the UK will be awarded 'nil point'. The British regard Eurovision as ridiculous, tasteless and continental. Looking forward to slobbing out with a red wine and some corn chips and tsatziki.
- What would you like to learn to do? Fully accept my feisty personality.
- What was the last thing that inspired you? John Bond's talk on the chain of events that led to Australia's National Sorry Day (26 May) and then, finally, to the apology of our Prime Minster, Kevin Rudd, to Indigenous Australians in February last year. One of the themes of his talk was the ways in which politicians and intellectuals can simply lose the ability to relate to matters of the heart. It was clear from his talk that the movement involved an immense, and sometimes vicious, battle with the previous government. I hadn't realised just how long and concerted the campaign was and I had little sense at the time that it was as much about interactions with specific individuals as formalised policies. You can read about it here and here.
- What’s the last thing you bought? A pair of (cheap) gold hoop earrings with a single dove sitting in the bottom of each loop.
- What are you listening to right now? Birds and wind outside, whirring of computer.
- What’s your most challenging goal right now? To finish thesis with flair and enough positive energy to make a sensible next step.
- What do you think about the person who tagged you? Ink seems like someone I would get along with in real life. She seems smart, funny and ebullient.
- If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? Overlooking ocean, with a short walk or animal ride through pretty scenery to markets selling local produce, flowers, crafty things etc.
- What would you like to have in your hands right now? A contract for a 'you can teach anything you would like to teach from any discipline' academic post. Would settle for less.
- What would you like to get rid of? Things that cause unnecessary fear and panic - like occupational healthy and safety signs, 90% of the news, some people's conversational style etc.
- If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Extended family dinner at my parents' house, fully catered for so no one had to duck back and forth to kitchen.
- What super power would you like to possess? Flying because then I could efficiently transport myself without carbon emissions, and in the process avoid anxieties that accompany air travel sickness and control issues. I am sure I would continually test my courage and become very good at it.
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? My dark grey mack from Japan (but bought here). It has a dramatic collar, comes in at the waist, then out again to the knee.
- What’s your dream job? Professional learner-teacher-writer-entertainer in one.
- If you had an unexpected $1000, what would you spend it on? Probably rent in Oxford, but hopefully on an indulgent three course breakfast with friends from the various parts and phases of my life.
- What do you find annoying? See The Trial at Lunar House entry - that sort of stuff.
- Describe your personal style. Jeans or skirts with cute things. Anything with stripes, stitching, lace, layers, stockings, buttons, bows, floral motifs. Things that don't match. Things that puff out. Mostly dark blue, grey, black, light pink, orange-red, white, cream and purple. Usually wearing too much for the temperature and often lazy with final execution.
- What fashion show would you want tickets to? Have trained myself not to covet high fashion.
- Whose closet would you want to raid? Many a posh English gal here in Oxford.
- What are you most proud of? My tenacity and sense of loyalty.
- The beautiful bloggers I’d like to know about are: Everyone reading this! (thanks Ink). If you don't have blogs, please post your answers in my comments.
→ Now the rules of this tag:
1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention.
2. Tag 7 other people you would love to learn more about. (see no. 24)