photo by: smallandround
Some things in my electronic collection box:
- Beaten to the Punchline by Germaine Greer: What's holding women back in comedy?
- The Quiet Coup by Simon Johnson: Former chief economist of the International Monetary Fund says the finance industry has effectively captured the US government
- Who's Buried in Cleopatra's Tomb? by Stacy Schiff: Women, power and myth
- Born Believers: How your brain creates God by Michael Brooks: Is religious belief hardwired?
Two things in my mental collection box:
- When colleagues/fellow students/friends are self-centred and emotionally greedy after a long day: I only accept compliments or presents after 10pm. (A student here gave me this to use in future and I like it.)
- When people ask you what you're doing next and you have neither the answer nor the energy to come up with a grand plan to satisfy them (as you might have done at some earlier stage): I understand you need my certainty to make yourself feel reassured, but I just can't provide you with that right now.